McMain's Roofing Guide To Hiring A Safe Roofing Contractor in Puyallup, Washington
Finally, you will want to get an estimate from the contractor before you make a final decision. This article will provide you with all the information you need to choose the right roofing contractor for your Puyallup WA home.
Roofs are made to last anywhere between 15 to 25 years depending on the quality of the material and how well they’ve been maintained. However, if there are any signs of damage or if your roof is coming to the end of its lifespan, it’s best to get a replacement. Here are some of the signs that you need to replace your roof:
- Age: If your roof is more than 20 years old, it’s likely that it needs to be replaced.
- Structural Issues: If you see any sagging of your roof, it’s time to get it replaced.
- Damaged Tiles: If you’ve noticed any broken, cracked, or missing tiles, you’ll need to get them replaced.
- Water Damage: If you have water damage on your ceiling or walls, it’s time for a new roof.
- Dark Streaks: If you have dark streaks on your roof, it’s a sign that the shingles are deteriorating and need to be replaced.
- Increased Energy Bills: If your energy bills have been rising without explanation, it could be due to a damaged roof.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s best to consult a professional roofing contractor and get an estimate. Replacing your roof is a big investment and it’s best to get it done right the first time. One of our experienced estimators is on standby and ready to come out and assess your roof today!
Choosing the right roofing contractor is essential if you want your roof to last for years to come. An experienced and reputable roofing contractor will be able to provide the best advice on what type of roof you need for your Puyallup home and ensure that it’s installed correctly.
Here are a few things to consider before you choose a roofing contractor:
- Reputation: Check the reviews from previous customers. Make sure that the contractor has a good track record and that their workmanship is up to your standards.
- Experience: Choose an experienced contractor that has worked on a variety of roofs in the area.
- Licensing: Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured. This will help protect both you and the contractor from any potential damage or accidents that may occur.
- Price: Get two or three estimates to compare the costs. Be sure to compare the quality and longevity of the materials they offer.
- Professionalism: Ask if they provide a warranty and how they handle any potential issues should they arise in the future.
Make sure to vet your contractors carefully to ensure that you get the best quality roof for your Puyallup home.
When you’re looking for a reliable roofing contractor for your Puyallup home, make sure to ask them some important questions. Here’s a list of important things to ask your contractor before you decide to hire them:
1. How long have they been in business?
2. How many roofs have they worked on?
3. Do they use high-quality materials?
4. What type of warranties do they offer?
5. Can they provide references?
6. What safety measures do they follow?
7. Have they ever handled a project similar to yours?
8. Are they familiar with local building codes?
9. Are they insured and licensed?
These questions will help you decide which contractor to go with and also ensure that you’re going with a reliable and experienced roofing contractor. A reputable and experienced roofing contractor can provide quality services that are both timely and reliable.
When you’ve narrowed down your choice of roofing contractors for your Puyallup home, you should take the time to watch out for any red flags. This can help ensure that you make the right decision as to who you’ll be entrusting to take care of one of the most important parts of your house.
1. Cheap prices - Some contractors may offer low prices as a tactic to get more work. However, low prices can be indicative of low-quality work and unsupervised workers.
2. No License or Insurance - Make sure any contractor you hire is fully licensed and insured. It’s required in most states, so this should be an easy requirement to meet.
3. No References - If a contractor can’t provide any references, that’s a huge red flag. Look for contractors with plenty of positive reviews and references.
4. Pressure Tactics - Watch out for contractors that pressure you into making a quick decision or signing a contract without taking time to examine the fine details.
Always be sure to carefully examine every contractor before choosing one for your project. Doing so can save you a lot of time, money, and energy in the future.
In the current economic climate, one of the biggest risks to your home is the risk of a roofing scam. Unfortunately, roofing scams have become increasingly prevalent in recent years. Here are a few tips to help you avoid becoming a victim of a roofing scam:
1. Do your research. Take the time to research the contractor you plan to work with. Check out online reviews and look up the contractor’s business license to make sure they are legitimate.
2. Get several bids, just make sure McMains Roofing is one of them! Always get more than one bid for the job. Compare the cost and then consider the reputation that comes along with each contractor.
3. Make sure you get a written contract. Make sure that your written contract covers all details of the job, including materials, cost and timelines. This will help protect you if something goes wrong.
4. Don’t pay up front. Never pay for work up front and never pay in cash. Reputable contractors should be willing to wait until the job is completed and then receive payment.
By taking steps to protect yourself, you can ensure that you don’t become a victim of a roofing scam. Be sure to vet any contractor before you agree to have them work on your home.
McMains Roofing has been the best roofing contractor in the Puget Sound for nearly 3 decades. Our consistency along with the quality of work we provide and the price point with which we provide it can't be matched. We specialize in all types of roofing! Call us today to schedule a free estimate.